Prototron’s TOP 10 best ideas of this round revealed
Prototron aims to contribute to the birth of new start-ups and world-changing technologies by financing prototypes. The following entered the TOP10 business ideas:
- Bankery – a portal connecting alternative loan offers
- BatCycle – a solution for repairing and recycling old Li-on batteries
- EXAGRAF – production of cutting machines for orchards and the wood industry
- ForQueenBee – a tool for beekeepers that uses data from an IoT sensor placed in the beehive
- POWER – production of apple flour from the press residues of apple juice
- Kinola – ticketing and management software for small and medium-sized cinemas
- OG Sense – an optical gas sensor that is resistant to ammonia and other aggressive gases
- Playerbank – a platform for professional athletes and agents
- Smarif – a device for monitoring the condition of refrigerators
- Wayren – a communication platform that enables fast and secure information exchange in crisis situations
The selected teams will make their final and public pitch to the expert group on Wednesday, December 14 at 5:15 p.m. in the Proto Discovery Center. The final round can be watched live on Prototron’s Facebook page, where voting for the audience’s favorite idea will take place until December 14 (until 6 p.m.).
The winner of the 29th round of Prototron and the audience favorite will be announced on Wednesday, December 14 at 19:30 at the Proto Discovery Center, where the current round will be concluded and the 10th birthday celebration of Prototron will be held.
Prototron is a fund founded by Swedbank, TalTech and the Tehnopol Science and Business Park to finance prototypes of technological ideas so that world-changing ideas and products reach the market faster. By today, Prototron has financed 92 smart ideas with a total of more than 1.7 million euros and the teams have engaged more than 59 million euros as secondary investments.
The green round will be co-financed by the Estonian Republic from the Environmental Investment Centre programme.