Prototron announces their TOP 10 startup finalists
Prototron Green batch business ideas presentations start at 13:00, by the youngsters, who took part in the Prototron Junior programme, the competition prize is 1500 euros. At 13:20 the 10 finalists of Prototron Green batch takes the stage to compete for the grand prize of 35 000 euros.
The finalists are:
- Ari Care – Cleaning products with innovative technology
- LainePoiss – Helps offshore wind farms and wave energy farms to collect sea wave data
- Low imPACK – Unique packaging solutions made of recycled textile waste
- Mushi – Nutritious protein source with a meat-like texture made from naturally available fungus
- Peek-a-Food – Pick-up point in grocery stores which will gather food products nearing their best before dates or having a non-commercial look
- Salubata – Customisable shoes from recycled plastics
- Smagry – Smart precise fertilization planning platform
- Strawall – Sustainable construction product, that allows contractors to build small or large scale projects with negative CO2 footprint
- Suppy – Autonomous solar powered rental station for Stand Up Paddle Boards
- Terravionics – A UX-driven Agritech modular solution designed to reduce some concerns of small-medium farmers: productivity, profitability, complexity
Prototron is a fund founded by Swedbank, TalTech and the Tehnopol Science and Business Park to finance prototypes of technological ideas so that world-changing ideas and products reach the market faster. By today, Prototron has financed 92 smart ideas with a total of more than 1.7 million euros and the teams have engaged more than 59 million euros as secondary investments.
The green round will be co-financed by the Estonian state from the Environmental Investment Centre programme.